Make a splash with your spring or summer adventure in Upstate New York when you add whitewater rafting in the Catskills to your travel itinerary! Read more information about the nearby rafting outfitters to find the perfect fit for your rip-roaring rapids adventure.
Kittatinny Canoes offers rafting trips on the Delaware River, which is known for its perfect mix of calm waters and wild rapids throughout the season. Enjoy the thrilling ride with impressive views of the Poconos and Catskills mountains.
Kittatinny offers releases from five different reservoirs, depending on the type of ride you’re looking for. Rafts hold up to six people, as it is very much a team effort to navigate the waters.
No experience is necessary to ride these rapids and your professional guides will review all the safety information and demonstrations for a fun, safe ride on the river. Please allow up to seven hours of time for your rafting adventure including time on the water, getting gear and preparation time, and time to get to your meeting point. Most trips average about three to five hours and travel about 6 to 10 miles on the river. Some trips even include stops for lunch with scenic views of the surrounding rock faces and cliffs.
Weekday rates are $39 per person and $45 per person for weekend and holiday trips. Contact Kittatinny Canoes at 800-356-2852.
Lander’s River Trips
Lander’s River Trips offers trips on the Delaware River from six launch sites. Trips range from easy two and a half hour adventures to five-hour rafting rides.
Lander’s also offers rentals with a safety instruction orientation and one-way shuttle service. The base for rentals opens at 8 a.m. on weekends and 9 a.m. on weekdays.
Pricing for adults is $39 for a weekday trip and $45 for weekend excursions. Contact Lander’s River Trips at 800-252-3925.
Whitewater Rafting Tips
If you want an escape from the leisurely pace of canoeing on our lake and are ready to ride the rapids, be sure to follow some of these whitewater rafting basics and safety tips.
- Life jackets are required by law to be worn by rafters aged 12 and under, but it’s highly recommended that adults wear them too.
- Rafting outfitters will require every participant to sign a liability waiver, so be sure to read through it and understand the risks associated with whitewater rafting.
- During breaks or lunch stops, if you decide to swim, be careful of the currents or be aware that there could be drop-offs in the river.
- If you decide to fish during your trip, please be sure to have a valid New York state fishing license.
- Bring a towel, change of clothes, plenty of water, and sun protection.
- Finally, have fun! We’ll have a glass of wine waiting at the inn for you when you return from your adventure on the rapids.