Inn at Lake Joseph is located in one of the most charming and beautiful parts of New York. The picturesque Catskills area is an ideal place to get behind the wheel and explore. From small local shops to stunning views of iconic landmarks, our neck of the woods truly has it all. Let us guide you through a specially-crafted driving tour that will take you to some of our can’t-miss stops and back again. There are so many small towns and back roads to explore in the Catskills, but if you only have time for one road trip, then this is the the one you should take! Happy driving!
Your Guided Driving Tour
See the Sites & Explore Local Destinations
- From the Inn, take Route 42 North, then Route 17B West toward Bethel Woods.
- Browse some of the charming antique stores in the area like The Country Bum’kin and Firehouse Antiques.
- Stop in for a sip at the Catskill Distillery Company at the Dancing Cat Saloon along Route 17B before getting back on the road and continuing your day of fun. Perhaps the driver can enjoy a refreshing Shirley Temple! (Check out the field of stray cat sculptures out front!)
- Next, take Route 52 South to the town of Narrowsburg, known for its idyllic main street.
- Visit the River Gallery while in Narrowsburg to admire and shop! You’ll find locally-made fine art, furnishings, unique gifts, and more.
- When you’re ready for a bite to eat, dine at the Heron Restaurant to feast on regionally-sourced dishes and selections from their extensive drinks menu.
- Take off again down Route 97 South. If you’ll be riding shotgun, grab your camera and get ready for a stunning scenic drive along the Delaware River.
- Keep an eye out for the Canal Bridge, built by John Roebling who later went on to build the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Drive along Hawk’s Nest Highway, and see a breathtaking cliff that overlooks the river and state of Pennsylvania. This magnificent landmark is featured in luxury car commercials!
- To conclude your driving tour, take Route 42 North back to the Inn.
Find Your Home Away from Home
Retreat to Inn at Lake Joseph for a Peaceful Respite
Once you’re ready to put it in park and relax for the rest of the day, take comfort in our cozy and romantic guest rooms at the Inn at Lake Joseph. Look forward to a hearty breakfast and a hot cup of coffee each morning, modern amenities, and unique on-site features for every season like our popular fire pit to enjoy on crisp nights, a swimming pool for cooling down in the summer, and so much more.
If you’re looking for even more insider tips and recommendations on adventuring upstate, ask one of your innkeepers upon check in. The entire Inn at Lake Joseph staff is always happy to chat about their local favorites! We hope to see you soon.Book Now